Monday, July 19, 2010

what a weekend

Boy did we pack in a lot of activity this weekend! Steve's friend Andrew from college came Friday evening to see us and meet Reid. It was nice to catch up with him. We went to our Friday night group where everyone ooohed and aahhhed over Reid and said he is perfect. Saturday morning we went up to camp to visit Mimi & Papa before they left to go back to NH. I hung Reid's diapers up to bleach in the sun. Reid went for his first boat ride to Pig & Sow, all the while sleeping in his Ergo. He didn't sleep much all day...it was a really really hot day, so I think that had something to do with it. Also he wanted to eat once an hour! Talk about tiring....must be his 3 week growth spurt. We hung out at camp until about 4 and went up town to Starbucks and the Gap...where I ended up feeding Reid again...so interesting. We went home and ate mac n cheese and hot dogs for dinner. Andrew left around 9pm to head home and Steve and I brought Reid upstairs and we watched Hitch and said goodnight. Sunday morning, while Reid was napping, we cleaned the cars. It was nice to do a normal activity and BOY were they DIRTY!! Uncle Peter & Aunt Annette came around 11am to visit and meet Reid. It was nice to see them and talk. Reid was hungry so I fed him and then he was much happier to see Uncle Peter and Aunt Annette. After they left we ate lunch and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon until Mom and Dad came at 4pm to baby sit Reid for the first time! Steve and I got to go on a date!! It was a little strange to leave Reid, but I wasn't worried at all. He took a bottle from Steve on Saturday evening, so I knew that he would be fine. Steve and I really enjoyed eating dinner at Rira's and sitting on the eastern prom. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening, the sun was warm but there was a nice breeze blowing so we didn't boil. We sat on a bench and talked and enjoyed the view. When we got home (gone for 2.5 hours) Reid was taking a little bit more bottle from Mom and Dad. The cutest part was that he reacted to Steve and I coming home. I said hi to him as Dad was holding him and he looked right at me...when I moved away he screamed at me like he was saying, "why are you moving away mom?". It was cute! Steve said hi and he did stared at him too. I fed him and then Mom made strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a great night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment